Ingredients:Maida/All Purpose Flour- 1cup
Baking Powder - 1tsp
Baking Soda - pinch
Milk - 3/4cup
Salt - pinch for taste
Egg - 1
Butter - 2tbsp (optional) can be replaced with oil.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar with a whisk and keep aside.
- In another bowl add milk along with butter/oil and mix gently with a whisk and add the egg and mix it for 2mins.
- Now add the flour mix into the milk mixture slowly and mix it with the whisk and make sure there are no lumps and keep it aside for 10-15mins.
- Heat the skillet/dosa pan on medium heat.
- Grease it with butter and add one full laddle of the batter in the middle of the pan.(a perfect batter will get some small bubbles on top of the pan cake when poured on the pan.) We can add more than one if we have a big pan and want to make small pan cakes as shown in picture.
- When the bubbles on it popped, gently flip them onto another side and cook it, serve.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter and serve them hot with honey or maple syrup.
- Make sure that the pan is not too hot as it may burn the edges of the pan cake and loose its fluffyness.
- You can use just the baking soda and 1tsp vinegar inspite of egg if you are a vegan and want to avoid egg.
- After flipping if you cover it with a lid and cook, makes more softer and fluffy pan cakes.