Ingredients:Tamarind juice: 1cup
Tomato puree: 1 cup
Green chillis: 4
Sugar/Bellam: little for taste
Salt: As needed
Garlic cloves: 4
Pepper corns: 7
Mustard Seeds: 1tsp
Red Chillis: 2
Curry Leaves: 10
Coriander : few cut leaves
Shredded Coconut: 2tsp
- Take some water in a bowl and boil it.
- While boiling add the slit green chillis, turmeric, salt, tamarind juice, tomato juice, sugar and let it boil for a few mins.
- While boiling add the dal water if you have any. (this step is optional only if you have any pappu neelu/dal water).
- Meanwhile make a powder of the above mentioned powder ingredients either in a grinder or just crush it in a hand mortar and pestle for better taste.
- Add this powder into the boiling rasam and let it boil for 2mins.
- Heat another small pan aside and add ghee/oil along with all tadka items. Add this popu to the rasam and switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with rice or can take it as a soup.