Ingredients:Rice - 2cups
Vankayalu/Brinjal - 1/2 kg or 8
Onions - 1/2 small
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2tsp
Salt to taste
Chana dal- 3tsp
Urad dal- 1 1/4 tsp
Ground nut - 8
Sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 10
Dhaniyalu/Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillis -3
Dry Cocunut powder - 2tsp
Turmeric - Pinch
Hing - pinch
- Cook rice in 3 1/2 cups of water in pressure cooker and transfer it into a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp oil, salt and let it cool.
- Heat a small skillet and to it add chana dal, urad dal, red chillis, ground nut, coriander seeds and dry roast them on low flame.
- When they are lightly brown in color add all the other ingredients mentioned in powder section and switch off the flame.
- Let it cool and make it a powder and store it in an air tight container.
- Cut brinjal into long thin slices and add some oil and salt to it and keep it aside.
- Heat a big skillet to it add oil, mustard seeds, jeera and when they start spluttering add thinly sliced onions and chillis and fry till brown in color.
- Add the brinjal pieces and let them cook til they are slightly soft. Do not overcook.
- Now add 4tbsp of the powder to the fried brinjals and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice the mixture and mix well. Cover it with the lid and cook for another 5 mins and serve hot with raitha.