Mutton - 2lb
Onions -1 (big)
Green Chillis - 3
Tomatoes - 2
Chana Dal - 1cup
Chilli Powder - 1tsp
Turmeric - 1/2tsp
GGP(Ginger Garlic paste)-1tsp
Oil - 3tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander for garnishing
For Masala Paste:
Cinnamon Stick - 1inch
Ginger - small piece
Garlic - 3pods
Jeera - 1tsp
Red Chillis - 3
- Soak chana dal for 2 hours and pressure cook it for 3whistles and keep it aside.
- Cut the mutton into small pieces and clean it once with water thoroughly and marinate it with chilli powder,turmeric,salt and GGP for minimum of half an hour
- Make a masala paste from the items listed above and keep it aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker, add oil, green chillis, chopped onions and fry till the onions are little translucent.
- Now add the masala paste and fry till the raw smell of the onions goes away.
- Add the tomatoes fry for 2mins and add the marinated mutton into it.
- Let the mutton cook for at least 5- 10 mins till its water comes out it.
- Now add the cooked chana dal, 1/2cup of water and adjust the flavor with salt and pressure cook it for 15-20mins depending on the tenderness you would like to serve.
- (Generally we like it very soft and not to be that watery so i prefer to cook it for minimum of 5-6 whistles)
- Garnish it with coriander of it is ready. If needed, you can add some water and cook for few mins.
Hint: Do not clean mutton with water too much which may reduce the taste and flavor of it.
Pressure cook it more, for more tender mutton curry.