This is a very simple and healthy recipe. Both eggs and soya beans are very good source of protein. Soybeans are considered to be a source of complete protein. A complete protein is one that contains significant amounts of all the essential amino acids that must be provided to the human body because of the body's inability to synthesize them. For this reason, soy is a good source of protein, amongst many others, for vegetarians and vegans or for people who want to reduce the amount of meat they eat.
Getting bored with routine way of cooking egg made me explore this different combination which is a big hit in our home as it is very tasty and healthy as well. So it is very much enjoyable not only by adults but also by kids. It is one way of giving them healthy meal in a different colorful way. So lets start with the ingredients:....
Eggs : 3Soya Beans - 1cup (soak overnight)
Onions - 2 medium size
Ginger Garlic Paste,GGP- 2tsp
Mustard seeds, Jeera, Urad dal - 1tsp each
Green chillis - 3
Chilli Powder - 1 1/2tsp
Curry Leaves - few
ఉప్పు తగినంత , Salt to taste
Turmeric - pinch
Dhaniya Jeera Powder - 2tsp
Garam Masala - 1tsp
- Soak the soya beans overnight and pressure cook it with little oil and salt for 3whistles and keep aside.
- Boil eggs and peel the shell and put some holes with the fork or toothpick to avoid bursting while frying.
- Now in little oil add these eggs and little chilli powder and salt in it and fry evenly on all sides till it is brown in color and keep aside.
- Heat the pan, add the remaining oil and in it add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal and fry for 2 mins and add the GGP to it and fry for 1min.
- Now add finely chopped onions, green chillis, curry leaves and fry till they are lightly brown.
- Add the cooked soya beans(if there is any water left when cooking these beans add it along with water) and cook for 2 mins of there is no water. Else cook till all the water goes away.
- Lightly spice it up with garam masala and dhaniya jeera powder.
- Lastly add the fried eggs and mix well with the curry and serve it with rice.
Vegans can make this dish by just skipping the 2nd and last points which also very tasty and of course healthy.