Ingredients:Raagi Flour- 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 2 tbsp
Jaggery/Bellam - 1/4 cup
Grated Coconut - 1/3 cup (optional)
Cardamom powder - 1tsp
Nuvvula Oil/ Gingelly Oil - for frying or cooking the dosa
- In a mixing bowl, add ragi flour, wheat flour, grated coconut, cardamom powder and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat 3 to 4tbsp water and to it add the jaggery and dissolve it.
- Now filter the jaggery mix to remove any sand or dust in it.
- Add the jaggery mix to the flour mix and mix it well by adding water to the mix.
- The mixture has to be not too thick nor watery. It has to be thicker than the dosa batter.
- Heat a dosa pan and add ghee/ oil on the pan.
- Put one laddle full of batter on the heated pan and spread it from middle to sides very slowly.
- It will take for 2-3 mins to cook.
- Now put little oil on the dosa and flip it to the other side and cook for another 1 min and serve.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter and serve it hot.
- This is a very good and healthy breakfast for both kids and adults.
- This will not be very thin as dosa and not as thicker as uthappam but medium in size.
- If you try to turn or spread the batter hard and fast on the pan it may not be perfect but crumbles. So be careful while spreading the dosa.
- Without the grated coconut it may be little harder but tastes good too.