Happy Dasara to all my friends and Family. As this is the season of Navaratri specials i just wanted to share at least one sweet with you all. This is one the favourite sweets to the Goddess so i made this sweet this year for Naivedhyam. This is one of the dishes that i made during these 9days and wanted to share with you all. Yet more to come in my next posts.
Ingredients:Goduma Ravva - 1cup
Grated Coconut - 1cup
Grated Badam - few
Kiss Miss(Raisins)- few
(i took 1/4 cup of each dry fruits as per our taste)
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - as needed
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and kiss miss till light brown in color and keep aside.
- In the same ghee pan add the goduma ravva on low flame fry them till light golden color and take aside in a bowl.
- Now in the same pan without any ghee add the grated coconut and fry for 5 mins and add this to the goduma ravva bowl.
- Add the fried dry fruits, elaichi powder and sugar to this mixture and mix well.
- To this add some cold milk 1tsp at a time and mix well till they are lightly wet and good enough to make balls.
- Now make round balls when it is lightly hot only. Because if it is cold it will become hard and when cold serve.
- You can store them in refrigerator for 2 weeks to enjoy fresh ravva laddu.
- Make sure that you do not fry the ravva on high heat. Because it changes the color very easily which makes it taste very bitter.
- Be careful while adding the milk to the mixture at the end. If you add more milk it will avoid us to make balls easily and will be sticky to hands.
- You can add any of the dry fruits of your choice to this recipe.