Chana Dal - 1 cup
Kandi Pappu- 1/4cup
Putnala Pappu / Dalia - 3tbsp
Dhaniyalu - 2tbsp
Jeera - 2tsp
Red chillis - 5 to 6
Curry leaves - 1 bunch (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast chana dal, kandi pappu and when they are half way add the remaining items including salt and roast for another 5 mins and let it cool.
2. When cool transfer it into mixie jar and grind it into a fine or course powder as per your taste and store it in an air tight container.
- This podi goes good with hot rice along with sesame oil or ghee.
- Very good with idlis. Can mix with oil or dry podi is also fine.
- You can use more putnala pappu (equal proportions with that of chana dal) if you like that taste more.