Tomatoes - 2 (medium)/3 (small)
Pepper Corns - 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Green chillis - 2
Rasam Powder - 1tsp
Garlic pods - 3
Coriander leaves - for garnishing
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Hing - pinch
Methi seeds - 6 or 7
- Boil tomatoes in 3 glasses of water for 5 to 10 mins till they are soft.
- Now take only the tomatoes from the water and peel the skin, mash them soft and then add this mixture, salt, rasam powder into the water above again.
- Course grind the garlic pods, green chillis with hand grinder and keep aside.
- Heat oil,ghee in a separate skillet and add all the tadka items and when the mustard seeds started spluttering add the above grinded mixture, pepper powder, jeera powder and fry for 2 mins and add this to the boiling rasam and let it boil for 5 to 10 mins.
- Lastly add the coriander on top and serve it hot with rice.