Ingredients:Rice Flour - 3cups
Maida - 2 cups
Green Chillis - 12
Chana Dal - 1/4 cup
Chilli powder - 1tsp
Ajwain seeds/Vamu - 2tsp
Butter - 1/4 cup
Oil for deep frying
Oil - 5tsp for making Chekkalu
Curry leaves - few
Salt - 2 1/2 tsps
- Soak chana dal for 2-3hours and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl take rice flour, maida, salt, chilli powder, ajwain seeds, chopped curry leaves, soaked chana dal and mix well.
- Now crush the green chillis, jeera in the hand grinder or mixie and mix it into the flour.
- Heat butter and add that into the flour and mix well.
- Now add little water at a time and mix well till the dough is similar to chapati dough. (for right consistency test make sure that the dough is not sticky to hands while mixing).
- Take thick polythene cover (preferably any ziploc cover) to roll these chekkalu.
- Add 1-2 drops of oil on the ploythene cover and place small ball of the dough on it and press it with fingers evenly till they are thin round shapes as shown in the picture.
- Now heat oil for deep frying and add these pappu chekkalu one by one into it and fry till they are golden in color.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough and let them cool and store it in a dry air tight container.