Ingredients:Chicken - 2 pounds with skin
Ghee or Oil -
Onions - 1 finely chopped
Curd- 1 1/2cup (beat it)
Ginger - 2inch piece, chopped into slices
Dhaniya - 2tsp
Shahi Jeera - 1tsp
Badam - 10
Cinnamon Stick - 1big
Red Chillis - 10
Rock Salt - as per taste
- Dry roast all the powder ingredients and let it cool.
- Once cool make a powder and add it to the chicken, mix well and marinate it for 3-4 hrs preferably.
- Now heat ghee/oil in the pan and add onions and fry for 4-5 mins golden brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken into it and mix well.
- Once all the masala is coated to the chicken pieces add the curd and mix well.
- Keep the lid and cook it for 5mins and remove the lid. Water comes out from it and let it evaporate without lid.
- Add sliced ginger on top and once a thick gravy is formed switch off the flame.
- Serve it with chapati or rice.
- This curry goes well only chicken with skin.
- For added taste make this curry with ghee/butter.
- You can substitute badam with cashews.
- No chilli powder should be added. The masala powder made give the spiciness to the curry.