Ingredients:Dates - 18 to 20 (preferred seedless)
Milk - 3/4th cup
Sugar - 3/4th cup
All purpose Flour/ Maida - 1cup (or) Whole wheat flour - 1cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Baking Soda - 1tsp
Cashews/Walnuts/Pecans/Almonds - 1/2 cup (chopped) use any nuts you have.
- Soak dates in warm milk or just microwave for 5 mins till warm so that the dates turn soft enough to grind.
- Add sugar and along with the milk and dates into a blender and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Take this in a large mixing bowl. Add oil and mix.
- Sieve together flour and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour 1 tsp at a time and mix well with a spatula.
- Add nuts and mix well. Do not over mix it.
- Preheat oven at 350F. Bake the cake in a greased oven proof dish for 35-40 mins or till the knife inserted in the cake comes out clean. (or) Pour the batter in the cupcake molds. But it takes only 20- 25 mins to cook the cupcakes.
- Cut it into pieces and serve the cake. For cup cakes transfer them onto the cooling rack and serve when cool.