Cracked wheat - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1 cup
Ghee - 3 table spoons (the more you add ghee, the better it tastes)
Cardamoms - 3 no.
Cashews and Raisins - handful (for garnishing)
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins. Set them aside when they turn brown in color.
- In the same pan add cracked wheat and fry for 5 mins. Set it aside.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pan, add jaggery and cardamom. When water starts boiling, add wheat and cook until it is 3/4th done.
- Add milk and let it cook till soft
- Add the remaining ghee and cook for 1 min.
- Garnish with cashews and raisins.