Prawns - 2 lb
Onions - 1 small
Tomato - 1
Chillis - 3 to 4
Tamarind Pulp - 1 1/2 cup
Oil - 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Coriander - handful
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Clean prawns by removing heads and tails(shown below) :-)
- Marinate prawns with chilli powder, turmeric and pinch of salt
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add marinated prawns and fry till water evaporates. Keep it aside
- In the same pan add remaining oil, add jeera, fenugreek seeds, onions, green chillies , curry leaves and let it fry for 5mins.
- Add fried prawns and mix well
- Pour tamarind juice , diced tomatoes , coriander and salt to taste.
- Keep the lid closed and let it boil for 15mins till it thickens and serve it with rice.