Basmati Rice - 2cups
Coconut - 1/2 shell of the fresh coconut (can use readily available coconut milk tin too)
Onions - 1/2
Carrots - 1
Chillis - 8 (according to ur taste)
Potatoes - 1
Cauliflower - 1
Peas - 1/2 cup
Oil - 3 tsp
Whole Garam Masala (lavang, elachi, Chekka, Biryani Leaf)
Salt to taste
(Instead of adding all veggies separately you can use the frozen mixed vegetables that is readily available in the store. )
- Heat oil in a pan and to it add all the garam masala, onions, chillis and fry for sometime.
- Then add all the Veggies and saute them till they are little soft.
- Now to this add the rice and saute it for 2 mins and to this add 2cups water and 1cup of coconut milk.
- (Note :- For coconut milk i used the white, fleshy part of the coconut which is edible and used fresh, i grinded into paste by adding little water and used this 1cup grinded in the rice as coconut milk)
- Now shift this into electric rice cooker and cook it till it is done. Serve it hot with raitha or any gravy curry.