Prawns - 1lb
Onions - 2
Chillis - 5
Curry leaves - few
Chilli powder - 2tsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 to 4tsp
Garam masala - 1tsp
Jeera - 1tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste(GGP) - 2tsp
Garlic - 2cloves
Lemon juice - 1tsp
Coriander - 4 stems chopped finely
Salt to taste
- Take prawns in a bowl and marinate them with 3tsp onion paste, GGP, chilli powder, salt, turmeric, little lemon juice. Mix it well and keep it refrigerated for 1hr.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the marinated prawns and keep the lid. Water comes out from it and let it cook till all the water coming out of it evaporates and taske aside into a bowl.
- Grind onions, jeera, garlic, salt and fry this in the same oil. Add chillis, curry leaves and fry till the onion paste turn light brown color.
- Now to this add the fried prawns and mix well so that the onion paste is coated on the prawns fully. Adjust salt and chilli powder, add garam masala and mix well.
- Let it cook for 5 to 10 mins and finish it off with coriander and turn off the heat.
- Serve it as a starter or with hot rice or as side dish.