Mangoes – 3
Chilly powder – I cup
Salt - 1 cup
Mustard seeds powder – 1 cup
Coriander seeds – 1 tps
Sesame oil – 2 cups
Turmeric powder –a pinch
Garlic - 1
For seasoning :
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Chana dal – 1 tsp
Red chillies – 5 to 6
Asofeotida – a pinch
- Take three ripe mangoes and clean it with a dry cloth so that no water on it.
- Now peel the mangoes and grate the pulp them with a grater and let it dry for 1 to 2 hrs.
- Take a pan and dry roast the mustard seeds and coriander seeds and grind them into fine powder.
- Take a dry bowl add the grated mango pulp, chilli powder, salt , mustard powder, turmeric powder and coriander podwer. Mix them well.
- Heat two cups of sesame oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal , red chillies and a pinch of asofeotida (hing) and let them sputter. Now turn off the stove and let it cool.
- After the seasoning is cooled, add it to the mango mixture and mix it well. Lastly add the whole garlic pieces.
Now the mango tokkudu pachadi is ready to serve. Its an Andhra special. Its good with hot rice and dosa or idly .