Beerakaya/ Ridge Gourd - 2 (big)
Prawns - 1.5 lb
Onions - 1/2
Chillis - 5
Few Curry leaves
Jeera - 1tsp
Chilli powder - 2tsp
GInger garlic paste (GGP)- 1tsp
Turmeric - 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
- Clean prawns and marinate it with chilli powder, turmeric, GGP, salt and keep it aside for 1/2 hour.
- Now heat the pan add oil and add the marinated prawns, keep the lid and cook it till all the water evaporates that comes out from prawns and take it aside.
- Now in the same pan add some oil, add jeera, slit chillis, chopped onions,curry leaves, ridge gourd pieces, pinch of turmeric, salt and keep the lid.
- Now the water comes out from the ridge gourd so no need to add any water and when it is half cooked add the fried prawns, little water and keep the lid again. Now within ten more mins ridge gourd shrimp curry is ready.
- Serve it with rice, chapati etc.