Brinjal - 8 to 10 no.
Peas - 1/2 small cup
Tomatoes - 1
Onions - 1/2 small onion chopped
Green chillis - 4
Ginger - small piece
Pinch of Turmeric
Red chillis - 2
Oil - 2tsp
Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Chana Dal, Jeera - 1tsp each
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, to it add mustard seeds, urad dal, jeera, chana dal, curry leaves, red chillis and when the mustard seeds starts spluttering then add onions, chillis and ginger and fry for sometime.
- When the onions are light brown in colour add the peas (soaked for 1/2 hr) and saute it, keep the lid for 5mins.
- Now add the tomatoes and when they are little soft add the brinjal pieces and keep the lid.
- After 5mins add turmeric, salt and then 1/2 cup water to it and keep the lid again.
- Now switch off the flame when the water evaporates and serve it with chapati or with white rice.