When i used to work in Bangalore one day my friend and me were thinking what dinner can we do that is nice and not too much heavy. Im new to Bangalore so she gave a thought that she will make me eat something different which i have never ate it before. As im not very much fond of non-veg she ordered me an EGG FRANKIE which is really first time im hearing off.
Its a mumbai famous dish which i liked it a lot when i had it that day. But dont know how we prepare that. But by the taste and the way it looked i tried at my home with my own recipe.May be this is not the right way to do but no worries when i ate it, it is almost the same taste i had it that day. So without any fear i'm posting this recipe to you all. So Hope u all will try this and enjoy it too!!!!!
Eggs - 2
Maida - 1/2cup
Goduma pindi/ Wheat flour - 1cup
Capsicum - 1/2
Carrots - 1 small
Coriander - few
Tomatoes - 1
Chillis - 2
Onions - 1/2
Oil - 3tsp
Pepper powder - 1tsp
Salt to taste
- Take a bowl, add maida, goduma pindi, salt and by adding little water at a time mix it well and make a dough as we prepare for chapati and keep it aside.
- In another bowl break the eggs, add pepper powder, GGP, salt and beat well and keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan add 1tsp oil to it and add onions, and finely chopped chillis, and then all the listed veggies and just saute it for just 5mins and switch off the flame. Need not be cooked fully. (when little raw it will taste good and healthy too :))
- Now with the dough you prepared before roll it into round shape as chapatis and put it on the heated tawa and fry.
- When it is one side fried flip it over and pour some egg batter that we prepared on it and again flip it over to cook the egg on it and take it aside. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Now it will be like one side chapati and the other side like an omlette.
- Now you need to spread the curry on the omlette side and fold it like a roll and serve it hot.
- Our hot and healthy quick frankie is ready.
Note:-Chicken lovers can use chicken keema curry in the place of the veggie stuffing.