this once and you will not leave it...Very quick dish for lunch boxes and for kids too..
HAVE A HAPPY LONG WEEKEND FRIENDS..!!!.
Thotakura/Amaranth leaves - 1bunch
Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Onions - 1/2
Jeera - 1tsp
Oil - 1tsp
Green Chillis - 4
Red Chillis - 2
Salt to taste
- Clean the leaves thoroughly and cut them by removing the thick stocks.
- Cook the moong dal in a glass of water and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and to it add jeera and red chillis and fry for 2 mins and add onions, chillis and saute it till they are soft.
- When fried add the cut leaves, salt and keep the lid.
- When it turns it colour a little soft add the cooked dal and mix it well and keep the lid again.
- Let it cook till it is fried and no water in it.
- serve it with rice. Eat it with hot rice will be great.
Don't wash the leaves after cutting. If done so then the Vitamins in it will be decreased. So always better to clean first and then cut it. This is with all the leafy vegetables.
If the stem of the amaranth is very thick then you can save it in refrigerator and just use them in the rasam we keep. These taste good when cooked in that tamarind juice.
Im sending this to Preeti's Green Gourmet of Write Food Relishing Recipes.
And also sending this to Veggie Platter for the 'Delicious Dals' Event By Suma