Im sending this recipe to Celebrating Mom event organised by My Home Kitchen.
Fish - 1 big fish of your choice, i took Mackerel fish
Tamarind - 2 lemon sized ball
Onions - 1 , small
Tomatoes - 1
Chillis - 4
Chilli powder - 1tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
Jeera powder - 1 tsp
Coriander - few leaves
Salt to taste
- Clean fish with salt and water, add chilli powder, turmeric, salt and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a frying pan/ skillet and add the fish pieces evenly (avoid keeping one on top of other for even frying) and fry on both sides carefully till brown colour and keep it aside.
- Now in the same pan add 1 more tsp oil, add onions, slit chilis and fry for 5 mins and add the fish pieces carefully in it.
- Add the tamarind juice, diced tomatoes and keep the lid.
- Now when it is started boiling add the coriander and adjust salt and chilli powder let it boil for some more time.
- The Fish turns its color to dark brown and the piece is a bit hard and the gravy thickens a bit then switch off the flame.
- Can be done directly without frying it before but by doing this will avoid fish from breaking while it is being cooked and served too.