Chicken pieces - 1lb (preferably with bones)
Onions - 1
Carrots - 1
Chillis - 5
Yogurt - 1tsp
Ginger garlic paste (GGP) - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1tsp
Oil - 3tsp
Chicken Masala - 1tsp (readymade masala what we get it in stores)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Garlic - 4to5 cloves (finely chopped)
Few Curry leaves
Coriander (as your choice)
Turmeric - 1/2tsp
Food Colour - pinch (optional)
- Clean the chicken pieces and add chilli powder, turmeric, salt, yogurt, GGP and mix well, keep it aside for 1/2 hr.
- Now in a pan or dhaka add some oil and chicken pieces and saute it for sometime till all the water which comes from it evaporates.(you can add colour at this point of time) and take them aside.
- Now in the same pan add the onions, chillis, garlic, ginger and saute it till they turn little brown and now add the carrot pieces(cut them into long pieces) and just within 5mins of cooking add the chicken pieces and little water(1/2 cup) and keep the lid.
- Adjust the ingredients like chilli powder, salt etc accordingly and finally add the chicken masala and curry leaves and mix well and take it aside.
- Now garnish it with onions, coriander, carrots and serve it like an appetizer or like any side dish.